“15 free Google Chrome extensions that will save the hours of your work”
Here are 8 Google Chrome extensions that can save you time and improve your productivity while working:
- Grammarly: This extension checks your grammar and spelling as you type, helping you to write error-free emails, documents, and social media posts.
- Octotree: This extension provides a code tree for GitHub, GitLab, and Bitbucket. It allows you to easily navigate through the file and folder structure of a repository, making it simpler to find and understand the code you are working on.
- LiveReload: This extension automatically reloads the page when a file in your project changes. This is useful for front-end developers, as it eliminates the need to manually refresh the page after making changes to the code.
- CodeRunner: This extension allows you to run code snippets directly in the browser. It supports multiple languages and can be useful for testing and debugging code.
- Postman: This extension allows you to test and document your APIs. It provides an easy-to-use interface for sending requests and viewing responses, making it easier to test and debug your API calls.
- StayFocusd: This extension helps you stay focused by blocking distracting websites and setting time limits for specific sites.
- LastPass: This extension saves and encrypts your passwords, so you don’t have to remember them all. It also automatically fills in login information on websites.
- OneTab: This extension converts all of your tabs into a list, which reduces the memory usage of your browser and helps you quickly access the tabs you need.
- Evernote Web Clipper: This extension allows you to save webpages, images, and notes directly to Evernote, making it easy to organize and access your research.
- RescueTime: This extension tracks the time you spend on different websites and apps, helping you to understand your digital habits and make changes to increase productivity.
- Pocket: This extension allows you to save articles, videos, and other web content to read later, even offline.
- Momentum: This extension replaces your new tab page with a personalized dashboard that includes a daily quote, a to-do list, and a beautiful background image.
- JSON Viewer: This extension allows you to view JSON data in a more readable and user-friendly format. It is useful for debugging and testing APIs.
- Wappalyzer: This extension reveals the technologies used on websites. It can identify content management systems, e-commerce platforms, web frameworks, and more. This can be useful for understanding the stack of a web application, which can be helpful for debugging, or for understanding the technology behind a website you are visiting.
Some of the extensions I mentioned are free to use with basic functionality, while others offer a free version with limited functionality and a paid version with additional features.
- Grammarly, StayFocusd, LastPass, OneTab, Evernote Web Clipper, RescueTime, Pocket and Momentum are free to use.
- JSON Viewer, React Developer Tools, Wappalyzer, Octotree, LiveReload, CodeRunner and Postman have a free version with limited functionality and a paid version with additional features.
Follow Abhishek Pratap Singh for more, Have a great day!